Marriage and Family Resource Page
Attention all married couples - please join us in celebrating World Marriage Day, Sunday, February 12, 2017.
Join us for a special blessing at the 12:00 Noon Mass and immediately aferward for dinner in the Parish Hall. Advanced registration required for dinner by Thursday, February 9th. Seating is limited in the St. Hugo Parish Hall to the first 72 couples. Freewill offering will be accepted for the cost of dinner.
Registration: By phone to 248-644-5460, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Kathy Bowen at 248-229-1742.
Celebrate Marriage with Your St. Hugo Parishioners!
Sponsored by the Worship Commission
- In November 2009 the U.S. Catholic Bishops approved a pastoral letter called “Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan.” The letter presents the essential points of Catholic teaching on marriage as a natural gift, as a sacrament, and as a public commitment between a man and a woman. It also discusses several contemporary challenges to marriage and how the Church addresses those challenges.
- Theme 1: A Natural and Supernatural Union
- Theme 2: Unique Union of a Man and a Woman
- Theme 3: Communion of Love and Life
- Theme 4: Sacrament of Christ's Love
- Theme 5: Foundation of the Family and Society
- Theme 6: Journey of Human and Spiritual Growth
- Theme 7: School of Love and Gratitude
- Weekend Program Dates for Metro Detroit
March 17-19, 2017, April 28-30, 2017, June 23-25, 2017